(1) Collecting Users Information
‘MTB Trails’ may collect and store information and data of the Users with which an individual may be identified, when the Users register themselves for mail service, request publications or other materials, apply for employment, or ask questions. Possible collected/stored personal information and data include name, address, name of company or school, position, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and personal history in case of employment application.
(2) The Scope of the Use of Collected Information
‘MTB Trails’ stores, uses, and analyzes collected information/data of the Users with which an individual may be identified in the scope of ‘MTB Trails’ activities. Among the information/data, ‘MTB Trails’ can use those which an individual can be identified with by abiding by the appropriate clauses of this Private Policy.
(3) Disclosure of Collected Information/Data
‘MTB Trails’ does not disclose collected information/data of the Users, especially those which an individual can be identified with to any third parties intentionally except for the following three cases.
- When disclosure is requested based on legitimate reasons or explanations
- When ‘MTB Trails’ acquires the prior consent from an individual concerning the disclosure of his/her information/data to a third party.
- When ‘MTB Trails’ discloses information/data of a User to a person who is in charge of providing requested data or materials to that User within the scope for the person in charge to perform his/her responsibility
‘MTB Trails’ takes all possible and rational measures to avoid accidental leakage of the collected information/data to third parties.
‘MTB Trails’ takes rational security measures to prevent loss, leakage, misuse, falsification, and demolition of the collected information/data from the Users with which an individual can be identified. However, please be aware that it is impossible to guarantee the absolute protection of the information/data despite our utmost security measures.
(5) Access Log
‘MTB Trails’ stores the access log and record of the Users including their IP addresses. An individual cannot be identified by an IP address. ‘MTB Trails’ uses the recorded access log through the Website only for statistical and analytical purposes for finding access trends and number of access or for troubleshooting when a problem arises in the ‘MTB Trails’ server. The statistical and analytical results are used for better management and service of the Website for the future by acquiring access trends of the Users.
(7) If you pay for any product or service by credit card or other electronic means “MTB Trails” will never store information about your card or electronic payment mechanism. Such information is only used on a one-time basis for that transaction and will never, ever, be stored or re-used again by “MTB Trails”. Such information will only be used to process payment..